Wednesday August 8, 2018
Green building means designing and constructing a home as well as improving the way that homes use energy, water, and materials to provide a healthy living environment. Our sustainable building practices, products and materials, including ENERGY STAR® appliances are all ways we provide you with a more energy and cost efficient home. Our designers have taken into consideration insulation, flooring, window placement for natural lighting, air circulation, and the use of energy efficient appliances and lighting.
Building a green home begins with ENERGY STAR blue because the first thing you should consider when you begin building your new home is energy-efficiency. By purchasing one of our exclusive ENERGY STAR house plans, we've done the work for you. If you and your builder follow the guidelines and designs of these plans you will assure yourself a home that saves money on utility bills, provides better indoor air quality, a comfortable living space and helps protect the environment.
The benefits of building green:
- Lower cost of home ownership
- Lower maintenance requirements and costs*
- Extraordinarily energy efficient
- Little to no net heating and cooling costs
- Temperature consistent, within 3 degrees room to room*
- Harmful & toxic building materials avoided*
- Cost competitive to build. Always lower to own.
- Economic benefits will increase over time
- When sold will have features more in demand
- Is environmentally friendly
- Sets a good example for others
- Helps increase demand for and lower the cost of green technology
- Demonstrates you care about the planet your children and their children will inherit
These energy efficiency features could save you about $200 to $400 per year on utility bills. Adding more eco smart options can save you MORE! Solar roof systems are coming soon!
Check out the flyer below to learn how Boyd Homes Builds Green right now!